To access the application, please attend an information session and receive a confirmation code here.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please print this document and write your code on the application, before submitting. Be advised that applications received without a confirmation code will not be accepted here.
Parent Survey Announcement
RECEIVE ONE VOLUNTEER HOUR for completing and submitting the Parent Survey. You will receive this survey by email to your home or you can log on to SIS and click on the link under ANNOUNCEMENTS. (The notice will read "Mid-Year Parent Satisfaction Survey") This survey will provide us with valuable information on the performance & operations of your charter school. We appreciate your input and thank you for participating. The deadline for submitting the survey is December 2, 2011.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012, 10 AM and 5:30PM
Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10 AM and 5:30PM
Enrollment Information Sessions
February 12th starting at 6:30
Georgia Food Service RFP
Food Service Vendors interested in bidding to provide vended meals for 2013-14 to Cherokee Charter Academy and Coweta Charter Academy at Senoia, can access the Request for Proposal here.
Jonathan Hage, CEO of Charter Schools USA, selected as Floridian of the year
To read the entire article, please click here.
A Charter Schools USA "A" school in Overtown is making a difference in its students' lives.
Click here to see more.
In an effort to keep everyone safe, I want to send out a few reminders. During a Tornado WARNING, all students and staff will remain on campus in their secure locations until it has been lifted. Please understand that our number one priority is to keep them safe from damaging winds.
This includes a Warning which is issued during carpool. I invite you to come into the building and wait with us or watch the weather and show up after the Warning, afterall, we want to ensure you are safe as well.
Cherokee Charter’s AYP Status:
Last school year, Cherokee Charter met the state standards for academic progress, and does NOT fall into the category as a Needs Improvement school. Therefore, we have not been identified as a Priority, Focus or Alert School. Way to go Cherokee Tigers!
Cherokee Charter Academy Test Security
In lieu of recent CRCT testing scandals in Georgia, Cherokee Charter Academy wants it’s stake holders to be aware of a few items concerning our test security.
- No test or manuals leave the building
- Teachers are trained how to properly administer tests
- Teachers must sign test/materials in and out daily to the testing coordinator
- All tests/materials are properly stored in a locked room prior, during and after testing is completed.
- Once all tests are finished and accounted for, the testing coordinator will ship off testing material.
- Any violation that occurs must and will be report to the Ga DOE
Cambridge Advanced Program of Studies (CAPS)
Cherokee Charter Academy offers a Cambridge Advanced Program of Studies for grade 6, 7, and 8. The Cambridge/AICE Program is an internationally-recognized, pre-university curriculum which offers a rigorous and relevant program of studies and is sponsored by Cambridge University in England.
To find out more about the Cambridge Program visit http://www.cie.org.uk/countries/usa.
For information and to apply, please contact
Courtney Traeger, at (678) 385-7322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 8th grade students for passing
writing test with a 94%. Way to go Tigers!
Now Enrolling Students
Apply online today for 2013-14
Cherokee Charter Academy
Welcome to Cherokee Charter Academy. We are a SACS Accredited, tuition-free public charter school serving students in grades K-8. Cherokee Charter Academy is a member of the Charter Schools USA family of schools and provides Cherokee County with a great neighborhood school of choice.
The Cherokee Charter Academy will provide students with the necessary tools and skills needed to develop superior levels of achievement. We will strive for academic, social and physical excellence by providing a quality and challenging curriculum. We will promote positive moral and social values, foster an atmosphere of self-discipline in a safe learning environment, and maximize individual productivity to meet the needs of a changing global society. Cherokee Charter Academy students will be able to maximize their potential for successfully actualizing their goals with confidence and intrinsic motivation, thereby enabling each student to become a lifelong learner and strong functional contributor to their local community as well as their global community.
What is a Charter School?
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools of choice, but each charter school is governed independently. Unlike traditional public schools, every charter school must demonstrate success, or it will lose its charter.
The Cherokee Charter Academy is a member of the Charter Schools USA family of schools. CSUSA is one of the largest providers of charter school management services in the nation. CSUSA manages private and municipal charters for grades Pre-K through 12.
For more information on charter schools or Charter Schools USA, please visit www.charterschoolsusa.com.
Advantages Cherokee Charter Academy
- Provides a school choice option in Cherokee County
- Active and Meaningful Parental Involvement
- School Uniforms
- Local Governance
- Personalized Learning Plans for ALL students
- Research-based Instructional Strategies
- Foreign Language in all grade levels
- Arts, Music and Enrichment Activities in all grade levels
- Student Information System that creates effective and consistent communication between school, parents, and the detailed data drives instruction
- Continuous Performance Monitoring & Measurement
- Provides innovative academic and enrichment programming that includes:
- Integrated Character Education Program across the curriculum
- Developed Communities of Character framework that integrates partnerships and hands-on learning experiences for students with local/community parents, government, businesses and organizations
PARENT’S RIGHT TO KNOW:
Cherokee Charter Academy will provide upon request certain information on the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers providing services to the student.
Parents may inquire:
- Has the teacher met Georgia qualifications and licensing criteria for grade levels and subject areas in which teacher provides instruction
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status; Georgia qualification/licensing criteria waived
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher, along with graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of that certificate or degree
II. Non-Highly Qualified Teachers
Cherokee Charter Academy will provide to each individual parent a timely notice that the parent’s child has been assigned or taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is NOT highly qualified (Section 1111(h)(6)B).
III. Student Achievement
Cherokee Charter Academy will provide to each individual parent information on the level of achievement of the parent’s child in each of the State Academic assessments (Section 1111(h)(6)B).